I knew going in that this was not the best movie to watch during lunch and dinner breaks from work, but I am on a time crunch, here. And actually, it could have been a lot worse.
And since I’m on said time crunch, here is a brief collection of notes I made, which will also serve as a half-assed review.
- I feel like older movies should come with a “this is pre-cell phones” reminder, because I kept wanting to scream at everyone and then remembering this movie was made in 1991.
- When does it put the lotion in the basket? Is that not this movie?
- Oh, there it is.
- Damn, Anthony Hopkins is creepy as fuck.
- Of course poor Jame became a serial killer. Can you imagine living your whole life with an unfinished name? “JUST ADD AN S! OR AN I!” He’d yell in his sleep, waking up in a cold sweat, knowing he’d never be complete.
- I hope he eats Dr. Chilton’s face right off.
- Well, that I really enjoyed. Well, not “enjoyed.” Liked. Well, not “liked.” Okay, that was a good movie, and I’m glad I watched it. THIS is what I mean when I say I want suspense. Not whatever the fuck The Shining was (I’m sorry, I really didn’t like that movie).
Thank you for your time.